Nigerian dancehall star Burna Boy returned to UK for the first time in 6 years to promote his first UK headline show, which will come up in Hammersmith on October 1, 2016, as well as celebrate his 25th birthday.
He was cornered for his first ever interview in UK by Adesope of Factory78where he spoke on his career, controversies and of course he did drop quite a lot of punchlines including…
- I just think ‘F**k all of you’ (Nigerian bloggers).
- I never ask you to write about me. I’ll be happy if nobody wrote about me, just listen to my music and if you don’t like it, listen to someone else.
- Nigerians are well travelled people, we’ve been everywhere, we can talk like people, but they really can’t talk like us.
- South Africa is a country where they’ve gone through a lot, so their soul is really deep.
- My mum is my best friend, she’s always been. So I made her my manager and she’s been doing a good job.
- Music for me is about my environment, my experience, and how I feel. It’s not about how someone else feels or what someone else is doing except they are doing it to me, for me or with me so it doesn’t really affect me.
- Sandra Bullock and George Clooney inspired the title of my album ‘Spaceship’ with the movie ‘Gravity’.
- People that say how much their things cost are just asking to get robbed.
- My advice to everyone: Take advantage of every situation, you could be dead tomorrow.